Current obsession: Anything cactus related.
I know I’m not alone in saying there are few things cuter than a cactus.
It seems as if everywhere I turn there is a porcelain cactus,
a printed pajama set, a gold paperweight, or an oversized faux cactus, …
but I’m not complaining.
Follow along for a fun way to make your own cactus décor.
All of the supplies can be found at your local Michael’s®
– Small bowl
– Dry Foam (Styrofoam®)
– Small Rocks
– Depending on the desired finished size of the cactus, cut a long piece of wire.
– Mold the wire into desired shape. Don’t go for perfection. The bends in the wire from reshaping will give it a more natural feel.
– TIP: Draw the outline of a cactus on a piece of paper and use as a template to form the wire around.
– Add some flourishes to the cactus.
– I made a small flower bud out of sheer ribbon and attached it with thin wire.
– Wrap short pieces of wire all around the base for the needles.
– Put a piece of dry foam in the bowl. These small cylindrical pieces were perfect.
– Using a knife, cut the foam about a half an inch below the rim of the bowl.
– Stick your wire cactus into the center of the foam.
– Fill the bowl with stones.